Pages

Monday, February 28, 2011

Joys of being the Mommy

We have been having a rough weekend around our house. The monkey has had a terrible cold and like most of us when we are sick doesn't seem to know what she wants. As a mom it is hard because I so badly want to make her feel better but I don't really know what she wants either.

Through the frustration of a sick, overtired, cranky baby I began thinking about the joys of being a mom. It is probably because I need something to pull me out of the grumpiness I found myself in, but I find that as moms we often spend a lot of time thinking about, talking about, and focusing on the frustrations. I don't want to be that kind of mom. I want to focus on the little things. The daily joys that come even in the most frustrating moments, because they are always there if we stop to look at them.

So, here is my list of joys from the weekend:
  -the sound of my daughter's sweet baby laughter...it's magical!
  -the sweet baby kisses I get after a diaper change
  -the chance to rock and sing my baby to sleep (The monkey is not a great cuddler, so any moment I can get cuddling her is precious to me.)
  -watching my daughter play with her books first thing out of bed in the morning
  -Chai tea lattes and quiet moments before the baby gets up for the day
  -the amazing peace and quiet of nap time
  -a wonderful husband who tells me to go take a break and nap if I need to
  -the way the monkey snuggles her head into my shoulder when she is upset or tired
  -a cute new hat for the monkey made by a precious friend. I can't wait for her to wear it!

1 comment:

  1. Thats awesome you are such a good mom! and you are right her laugh is magical

    ReplyDelete