Pages

Friday, February 11, 2011

What I'm Reading

I love to read but have gotten a little out of the habit. Partially because let's face it, I have a toddler running around, it makes reading difficulty. But I think another reason is that I have gotten pulled into the ease and mindlessness of reading things on the internet. It just seems easier to pull up my blogs and read for a few minutes here and there when I have a free moment than it does to pick up a book and at the end of the day blogs require very little thought.

But I do love to read and really want to get more in the habit of reading after the monkey goes to bed at night. Plus, I actually have 3-4 books that I have started reading recently and haven't been able to finish, which makes me crazy!

Since I am going to try reading more I thought I would share my reading list with you in case any of you are trying to get more reading in as well.

Right now I am reading a book called The Feast of Christmas by Joseph Kelly. My husband, A, picked this up at the library after the holidays and said it was interesting. Since I love history and understanding the origins of things I asked him to keep it for me.

I have really enjoyed reading about how the Christmas holiday came to be celebrated throughout the world. This book looks at both religious and pagan influences on the holiday. I think it is so interesting!


What are you reading right now?

No comments:

Post a Comment